You can update the firmware on your ScreenBeam receiver from within the Actiontec ScreenBeam Wireless Display software application. You must first have made a successful wireless display connection at least once. Your laptop/tablet must have an active internet connection in order to complete the process.
- Download the ScreenBeam Kit’s firmware (sbpro_fw_x.x.xx.x.zip) from here
- Extract the zip file. You should see the "autorun" folder, the "install" file, and this upgrade
- Insert your USB flash drive to an available USB port on your Laptop/PC.
- Copy both the "autorun" folder and "install" file to the top directory of the USB flash drive
Note: Do not use a portable hard drive. You should use a formatted FAT/FAT32 USB flash
- Make sure the HDTV connected to the Receiver is powered on and the correct HDMI input is
Note: You must disconnect all wireless devices (Ultrabooks, smartphones, and tablets) from
the Receiver before upgrading the firmware.
- When the “Ready to Connect” screen appears, plug the USB flash drive into the receiver’s
- Wait a few seconds and the firmware upgrade will start automatically. You should see the
Firmware Upgrade message appears on your TV.
Note: The HDTV screen may go temporarily blank for a few seconds during the upgrade
Warning! Do not power off the Receiver or remove the USB flash drive while the upgrade is in
progress. This may cause the firmware upgrade to fail.
- When the upgrade completes, the “Ready to Connect” screen reappears on the HDTV, with
the new firmware version information is displayed at the bottom right corner.
- The ScreenBeam receiver is now upgraded. You can remove the USB flash drive from the
When the update process is complete, the ScreenBeam receiver will reboot. The receiver will be ready to use once the Ready to Connect screen is again displayed on the connected HDTV.
Note: If an update for the ScreenBeam Wireless Display software is available, it will automatically be installed in addition to the firmware during this process.