You only need to connect one ECB5240M Network Adapter to the coaxial network in order to provide high-speed Ethernet connectivity. The device (i.e. router) feeding the broadband service to the coaxial network will dictate what MoCA protocol is used by your home coaxial network. The ECB5240M Network Adapter is capable of supporting Bonded MoCA 2.0, yet it is also backward compatible to support earlier MoCA protocols (non-bonded MoCA 2.0, 1.1, and 1.0). This means that the ECB5240M Network Adapter will adapt to any of these MoCA protocols supported by your home network and still take advantage of your coaxial network without necessarily having to upgrade existing devices.
Articles in this section
- Do I need more than one ECB5240M Network Adapters?
- How do I get my home coaxial network to support Bonded MoCA 2.0 in order to maximize speeds?
- How do I restore the ECB5240M to Factory Defaults?
- How many devices can I connect to the ECB5240M Network Adapter?
- How to access the Extender GUI to configure settings?
- Why are my connection's speeds so slow?
Please sign in to leave a comment.